We Are Ecstatically OverMoon to announce that C93 Channel HerSelf and Her Fields in Lovely Leiria, in Beautiful Portugal, on Saturday 25 August. We are also now taking pre-orders on C93’s 2LP Lathe Edition of NATURE UNVEILED, as well as a new t-shirt design, and a new tote bag. We have also added some more paintings by David to the shop.
I also wanted to give some brief news on what is happening with myself and with C93 in the coming months.
- We expect to UnVeil and ReVeal the new album by C93 at our London Channelling with NWW in October. Her title will be announced in a few months time.
- The next C93 vinyl reissue will be Soft Black Stars, remastered by The Bricoleur.
- We are still waiting to hear when we will receive copies of the 2LP repress of C93’s Thunder Perfect Mind.
- C93 have also recorded a new track, which will be presented for the first time at an academic conference on the ArchAngel Michael that I am attending in Bergen, Norway later this year. I will be delivering a paper on my translation, and grammatical analysis, of a Coptic apocryphal text, The Inauguration of the Holy ArchAngel Michael, and will be playing the track at Bergen. The song will be issued afterwards as a 12” lathe, cut by The Bricoleur at Bladud Flies!
- Steven Stapleton and I are presently discussing a 2LP vinyl compilation of the Stapleton/Tibet albums. We also expect to reissue all of the Stapleton/Tibet albums, as well as much unreleased material, such as out-takes and alternate versions, as a CD box-set.
- I have almost finished choosing all the stories for There Is A GraveYard That Dwells In Man, the second volume of the (mainly supernatural) tales that have most influenced me and my work. As with the first volume, The Moons At Your Door, this will be published by the beautiful Strange Attractor.
- Work is almost finished on my anthology of my favourite stories and poems by Count Stenbock, Of Kings And Things, which is available for pre-order here. It now looks as if the book will be published in early May, due to the many other lovely books about to be published by Strange Attractor.
A few of you contacted after noticing that our online shop was off-line for several countries whilst we (alas) updated postage costs for certain items. Everything is now working again, albeit with some slightly increased postal prices. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Thank you and see you in Stockholm, Leiria, London, and in between in The Spheres between,
C93 MANIFESTS HER HALLUCINATORY FIELD IN LEIRIA, PORTUGAL SATURDAY 25.08.2018
We and She are OverMoon to announce that C93 Channel in Lovely Leiria, in Beautiful Portugal, on Saturday 25 August, and tickets are available here.
C93 say and sing:
30 Red Horses
Upon A Red Hill
Now They Stamp
Now They Champ
Now They Stand Still
C93 STOCKHOLM CHANNELLING CLOSE TO SELLING OUT
We have been informed by the promoters that C93’s Channelling at Nalen, in Stockholm, is close to selling out. The last remaining tickets are available here.
C93: NATURE UNVEILED 2LP LATHE EDITION
We are UnVeiled to announce a beautiful art edition of C93’s first album, the seminal NATURE UNVEILED.
Remastered, and lathe-cut onto 2 separate 1-sided black vinyl 12” records by The Bricoleur, both records have labels on the first side of each record engraved by Lauren Winton of Bladud Flies! On the reverse blank B-sides of each record are silkscreened 2 different pieces of artwork by David (not shown here).
The 2 records are inserted into a silkscreened gatefold sleeve, again using artwork by David. The BloodStreamRuns on the front cover are added by David by hand, and the front cover of each record is also signed by him. NATURE UNVEILED also comes with 2 silkscreened inserts, one featuring a painting by David, which is numbered and signed by him, and the other (not shown here) giving the track titles, recording information, and the line-up of C93 at the time.
The entire package is inserted inside a silkscreened organic cotton tote-bag, which is only available with this NATURE UNVEILED Lathe Edition.
Nature Unveiled - 2LP Lathe Edition - £169 plus P&P.
Please note: This item is limited to one copy only per order and per purchaser. “Signed-For” (within the UK) or “Insured” (for anywhere outside the UK) delivery must be chosen at check-out, otherwise the order will be cancelled and the payment returned.
Please also note: This is a PRE-ORDER; the record will be shipped at the end of April 2018.
Dragon III. Red and black ink. A4
AntiChrist XII. Red, black and purple ink. A4
FOUR MORE DAVID TIBET SKETCHES ADDED TO THE SHOP
We have added four more sketches done by David whilst working on new pieces for his forthcoming exhibition. All paintings are on white A4 paper, and cost between £111 and £139 each.
Please note: “Signed-For” (within the UK) or “Insured" (for anywhere outside the UK) delivery must be chosen at check-out, otherwise the order will be cancelled and the payment returned.
NEW C93 T-SHIRT: ANTICHRIST UNVEILED
We are OverMoon to announce that we are now taking pre-orders for a new C93 t-shirt: AntiChrist Unveiled. The t-shirt is made of fair-trade organic black cotton, and is printed in red on both sides.
It is available in unisex Extra Small, Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large. The t-shirt will be shipped at the end of April 2018.
C93 T-shirt - Unisex: AntiChrist Unveiled - £25 plus P&P.
NEW C93 TOTE BAG: MALDOROR IS DEAD
We are OverMoon to announce that we are now taking pre-orders for a new C93 tote. The organic cotton tote will be shipped at the end of April 2018.
C93 Tote Bag: Maldoror Is Dead - £15 plus P&P.
SHIRLEY COLLINS: ALL IN THE DOWNS: A NEW AUTOBIOGRAPHY AND MEMOIR
One of the lovely books, to be published in April by Strange Attractor, is All In The Downs, by the perfect Shirley Collins. I recommend it, as you might expect, utterly and eternally.
The publisher’s information on the book is below. There is a limited hardback, with a signed insert by Shirley, and a trade paperback, both available for pre-order now here.
A legendary singer, folklorist, and music historian, Shirley Collins has been an integral figure in the English folk music scene for more than sixty years. In her new memoir, All In The Downs, Collins tells the story of that lifelong relationship with English folksong—a dedication to artistic integrity that has guided her through the triumphs and tragedies of her life.
All In The Downs combines elements of memoir—from her working-class origins in wartime Hastings to the bright lights of the 1950s folk revival in London—alongside reflections on the role traditional music and the English landscape have played in shaping her vision. From formative field recordings made with Alan Lomax in the United States to the “crowning glories” recorded with her sister Dolly on the Sussex Downs, she writes of the obstacles that led to her withdrawal from the spotlight and the redemption of a new artistic flourishing that continues today with her unexpected return to recording in 2016.
Through it all, Shirley Collins has been guided and supported by three vital and inseparable loves: traditional English song, the people and landscape of her native Sussex, and an unwavering sense of artistic integrity. All In The Downs pays tribute to these passions, and in doing so, illustrates a way of life as old as England, that has all but vanished from this land.
CURRENT 93 DREAMT BY ANDREW LILES – LIKE SWALLOWING ECLIPSES: REMASTERED AND EXPANDED & NOW AVAILABLE AS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD
From my dearest friend Andrew Liles:
CURRENT 93 DREAMT BY ANDREW LILES – LIKE SWALLOWING ECLIPSES: REMASTERED AND EXPANDED (Current 93 remixed by Andrew Liles).
This expanded download version of LIKE SWALLOWING ECLIPSES collates all the Andrew Liles remixes of Current 93 and has been fully remastered for this digital format. It also contains, for the first time digitally, “Haunt Invocation (Apadno) I: I Have A Special Plan For This World”, “Haunt Invocation (Apadno) II: Faust” and previously unreleased mixes of “Haunt Invocation (Apadno) III” and “Haunt Invocation (Apadno) IV”.
Available for download here.